Veggie Spice Burger
Enjoy a healthy alternative with this delicious spicy vegetarian burger made with cilantro, cayenne, pepper and lemon juice.
What you will need for 4-6 Veggie Spice Burgers:
- 6 Large Potatoes (mashed)
- 1/4 Cup Carrots, diced
- 1/4 Cup Peas
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoon Green Chili/Jalapeno, diced
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon Spicely® Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Tablespoon Fresh Ground Spicely® Black Pepper
- 2 Toasted Bread slices / Bread crumbs
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Roasted and Ground Spicely® Clove, Cardamom and Cumin
- Salt to taste
- Peanut oil/Olive oil as needed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2-4 Tablespoon low fat Mayo/Vegan Mayo
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Cilantro, chopped
- Fresh Ground Spicely® Black Pepper to taste
- 2-4 Tbsp Organic Ketchup
- 2-3 Tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh Baby Spinach
- Whole Wheat Burger Buns
- Combine all of the ingredients for the patties.
- Once combined, form into Pattie shapes and place on a baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
- Refrigerate for a few hours. It will help hold the shape when cooking.
- Brush the patties with olive oil on both sides.
- Turn broiler to high and place the baking sheet with the patties in the oven.
- Turn the patties over, once they have browned on the side facing up, and continue broiling.
- Combine the Mayo, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, and black pepper in a food processor.
- Toast the burger buns in a toaster oven/regular oven/or however you prefer to toast them.
- Apply the mayo liberally on one side and ketchup on the other.
- Add the sliced tomato and spinach and the Veggie Spice pattie.
- Enjoy with fries and a drink of choice!
(Submitted by R. Gurav, photo courtesy of GastroWise, 5/18/2011)