- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 mild or hot green chile peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded/cut in strips
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, cut in strips
- 1 - 2 Tbls. Spicely® Fajita Seasoning – adjust to taste
- 8 flour tortilla, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed, sliced
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet; cook the chicken strips over high heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until cooked. Remove from skillet. Add the Spicely® Fajita Seasoning, onion, garlic and chile peppers to the oil in the pan and sauté over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and zucchini; cook over high heat for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables have begun to have a blackened look around the edges. Return the chicken to the pan and heat until sizzling hot.
Serve immediately with warm tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, sliced green onions, and chopped tomatoes. Accompany with hot cooked rice and refried beans, if desired. Chicken may be substituted with beef.