Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing
- 5 cups gluten free cornbread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp. Spicely® Sage Ground
- 2 tsp. Spicely® Poultry Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Spicely® Basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Spicely® Black Pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 stalk minced celery
- 1/4 minced onion
- 1/4 cup cooked and chopped giblets, sausage, or chicken thigh meat (optional)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup regular or non dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock or gluten free chicken broth
- Saute garlic, onions and celery in 1 Tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- Add cornbread crumbs to large mixing bowl along with baking powder and toss until evenly combined. Add sage, poultry seasoning, basil, salt, pepper, and toss until evenly combined.
- Add garlic, celery, onion, chopped mean, and toss until evenly combined.
- In separate bowl, combine egg, milk, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Add egg mixture to cornbread mixture, add chicken broth and toss until combined. You may use more or less chicken broth depending on how dry you prefer your stuffing.
- Transfer stuffing to a lightly greased 9 x 9 baking pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 25-35 minutes or until desired texture. Cover with foil during last 15 minutes if browning too quickly.
Tip: You may also add in other favorite stuffing items such as oysters, chestnuts, apples, cranberries, etc., to tailor this recipe to your family tradition.