The beauty of our Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice Seasoning is that it’s so versatile. It has all of the warm spices that invoke the holiday season, so it goes well with anything sweet and hearty.
In this sample recipe, we used butternut squash because that’s what’s in season, but it can be substituted with any squash, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, persimmons, even zucchinis!
For the best results, first roast your vegetables until soft and sweet, then use the mash for this recipe.
Autumn Vegetable Muffins
8 oz flour
4 oz sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice Seasoning
1 cup mashed (approximately 6-8oz) butternut squash
6 oz milk
2 large eggs
4 oz oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, spices).
- Combine in a bowl and whisk briefly with a whisk.
- In a smaller bowl, using a whisk or an immersion blender, combine together mashed squash, milk, eggs, and oil. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into muffin tin and bake about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.