June 3rd is National Egg Day! In celebration of this wonderful protein, we thought that we should share some trivia with you.
- 1 Large-sized egg supplies 12.6% of the Daily Reference Value (DRV) for protein.
- To tell if an egg is raw or hard-boiled, spin it. A raw egg will wobble while a hard boiled egg will spin evenly.
- The U. S. produces 75 billion eggs annually - about 10% of the world’s egg supply.
- The first records of domesticated chickens are from 600 BC Europe, on Corinthian pottery.
- There is no nutritional difference between white, blue, or brown eggs! They are laid by different breeds of chickens.
Did that get you in a cooking mood? Don't forget to try some of our very own egg recipes:
Matcha Creme Brulee
Fine Herbes and Goat Cheese Frittata
Do you have a favorite egg recipe that you’d love to share? Go to our Facebook page and join in on the discussion!