Tunisian Carrot Salad
A simple side dish or a mid-afternoon snack, this Tunisian carrot salad is fast to throw together. A little bit sweet from the carrots and a little bit spicy from the cayenne pepper, this salad is zesty and delicious.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch round slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Organic Cumin Ground
- 1 teaspoon Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium saucepan boil salted water and add carrots, let simmer until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain carrots and set aside.
- In a large saucepan sauté (while stirring constantly) cumin and cayenne over medium heat until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add carrots to the saucepan with 1/2 cup water and vinegar.
- Simmer over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste, add in cilantro.