Chai Infused Lemon Cake
If you love the taste of lemons, a buttery lemon cake can’t be beat. The addition of Organic Spicy Ginger Chai Tea makes this cake irresistible.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- 3 tablespoons Spicy Ginger Chai Tea
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Organic Lemon Peel
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Organic Poppy Seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and add the tea. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes on medium heat stirring constantly. Strain the butter into a bowl and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan or 10 x 4” loaf pan.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat together infused butter, sugar, and lemon rind using an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk until well blended.
- Stir in poppy seeds and lemon juice.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or use a small wooden pick to insert into the center to see if it comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.