New Orleans Style Red Beans & Rice
In honor of Mardi Gras, we decided to bring in some of our favorite southern dishes. This hearty recipe for New Orleans style red beans and rice is filling and simple to make.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Cook Time: 2 hours
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Organic Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Organic Parsley
- 1 pound red beans, soaked overnight or canned
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 pound ham bone, for ham stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Organic Garlic Granulates, for garnish
- Place ham in large saucepan and cover with water to create a stock. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Rinse beans and add to pot, increase water (if needed) so there is at least one inch of water covering the beans.
- Add all vegetables and seasonings. Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add sausage and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice with garlic granulates.