Chai-Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delicious chai-spiced chocolate chip cookies are chopped with organic chai-infused chocolate and filled with cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Treat your tastebuds to the perfect combination of sweetness and spice with each bite.
These go excellently with a cup of tea and can be made gluten-free.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes approximately 28 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Ground Cardamom
- 1 cup organic butter, softened
- 1 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons Organic Vanilla Extract
- 85 grams (3 oz) of Organic Chai 60% Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Heat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom together in a medium bowl. In a second bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together using a hand or stand mixer. Beat on low speed until the butter and sugar are mixed. Add the eggs and mix again. Stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the dry mixture with the wet mixture, and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds. Add the chopped chocolate and stir until evenly dispersed.
- Scoop round tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden on top. Remove from oven and cool on the pan for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!