French toast takes on a new life with Spicely Organics' cake spice. With cinnamon, star anise, ginger, cloves, allspice and nutmeg, this blend makes breakfast more special and delicious, with minimal effort.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8 slices bread (gluten-free bread works great)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Organic Cake Spice
- maple syrup
- fresh fruit (to top)
- In a large, shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk and Cake Spice together.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, soaking up the liquid.
- In a skillet, melt a pat of butter on medium high heat.
- Add a bread slice into the skillet and fry the bread until brown on both sides. Repeat for all slices.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup and fresh fruit.