Chicken Rogan Josh
Typically prepared with lamb, rogan josh is a fiery red Kashmiri Indian stew that consists of braised meat cooked in a gravy comprised of onions, yogurt, garlic and Kashmiri chilies or paprika, among other aromatic spices.
With just a touch of heat, this dish is mild enough for most palates and goes excellently with basmati rice and naan.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into 1.5 inch chunks
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 box Spicely Organics Rogan Josh Seasoning
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups undrained tomatoes (or 16 oz diced tomatoes)
- kosher salt
- steamed basmati rice
- naan, for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add chicken and cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add rogan josh seasoning, yogurt, tomatoes and, if desired, salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until curry comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over basmati rice and with naan bread.