Rhubarb Vanilla Jam
Tart rhubarb and sweet vanilla come together beautifully in this easy-to-make jam that tastes great with scones, ice cream and greek yogurt.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups rhubarb, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Organic Vanilla Bean, seeds scraped and pod reserved
- 3 cups jam sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Place the rhubarb and water in a large pot and bring to a rapid simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the strawberries and blend with an immersion blender to break everything up.
- Add the lemon juice, vanilla bean seeds/pod and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually add in the jam sugar, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Increase to a rapid boil and cook for 5 minutes, or until the jam wrinkles when tested with the back of the spoon.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.