Thai-Inspired Cucumber Salad & Tri-Tip
Warm, Thai-flavored tri-tip and sweet, crisp cucumber salad make a winning combination. Both lavish and light, this meal doesn’t take much time to prepare once the meat has been marinated. Plus, it has heat, but not too much spice, for delicate palates.
Prep Time: 3-12 hours
Total Cook Time: 3.5-12.5 hours
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Organic Shallot, Minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Organic Thai Spice Blend Seasoning
- 1 lb tri-tip
- Whisk wet tri-tip ingredients together, along with organic Thai Spice Blend seasoning. Place in a Ziploc bag, and add tri-tip. Seal and let meat marinate in refrigerator for 3-12 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Cook tri-tip until cooked through to preferred doneness. Remove from heat, let cool and slice into thin strips.
- To prepare salad, combine cucumber and red onion. In a small bowl, whisk sesame oil, rice vinegar, fish sauce, shallot, salt and pepper together. Drizzle over salad. Top with sliced tri-tip and enjoy.