Mushroom Veloute Soup
Mushroom Veloute is a classic French soup, often taught in cooking schools to demonstrate the effect of
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 container white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small leek, white portion only, sliced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken stock
- Organic Ground Black Pepper
- Organic Chervil
- First, sweat onion and leeks in butter until soft and translucent. Add the sliced mushrooms, and keep cooking and stirring until mushrooms become soft. Add flour and stir until everything becomes a pasty roux.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring regularly so that all of the roux dissolves evenly. Add the milk and cream, and return to a boil, while continuously stirring. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove soup from heat and puree with an immersion blender. Pass through a sieve and return to pot. Bring to a steam.
- To serve, divide into bowls and sprinkle chervil on top.