Our guest blogger Molly Kumar, has an amazing recipe to share. We really appreciate her love and passion for cooking and are excited to feature her on our website. We would love to try a bite of this tasteful and creative recipe, how about you? Please see the recipe below and try it and don't forget to visit Molly's blog!
Serves: 2 People
Serving Suggestion: Serve Hot with Roti/Parantha/Poori/Rice
Large Pan/Pot with Lid
4 Large Hard Boiled Eggs – Shelled and Cleaned.
1 Large White Onion – Chopped
1 Garlic Clove – Washed and cleaned
1 Small Piece Ginger - Washed and cleaned
1 Tbsp White Vinegar
½ Tbsp Brown Sugar – You can use any sugar or skip this ingredient
½ Cup Water
5 Tbsp Olive Oil – You may use any flavorless oil of choice
Few Sprigs of Fresh Cilantro/Coriander Leaves – Finely Chopped -For Decoration - Optional
1½ Tbsp Vindaloo Curry Powder.
1 Tsp Red Chili Powder – I’m using Kashmiri Chili, You can use any red chili or omit this ingredient.
1 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- In a Food Processor, add onion, garlic, ginger and blend/pulse to a thick smooth paste. (Takes about a minute)
- Heat oil in a large pan, add the onion paste, sauté for a minute and cover the lid(Reduce the heat to low and let the paste cook for about 2minutes).
- After 2mins, uncover the lid, sauté the onion paste (which would have turned slightly golden brown).
- Now add the listed spices, give it a good mix, cover and simmer for another 2mins.
- Open the cover, add water, sugar, vinegar, mix one more time, cover and cook for 3mins or until the water is reduced and you see oil separating on the sides.
- Turn off the heat, transfer in serving dish.
- Now place shelled and cleaned hard boiled eggs on the curry, sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot with rice / roti / bread.