Shawarma is traditionally cooked in a rotisserie oven or on a spit, but this home version is much more manageable to do. Serve with feta cheese, pickled red onions, tomato slices, tahini (or hummus), and shredded lettuce for a balanced meal.
Prep Time: 1-12 hours
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ecobox Organic Shawarma Seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- Prepare the marinade - blitz lemon juice, oil, garlic cloves, salt, and Shawarma seasoning in a blender until creamy. Add to chicken and toss well to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 12.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line chicken and onion quarters on an foiled and oiled baking sheet.
- Roast until brown, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice and serve with shawarma fixings.