While the rest of the world is clamoring over the spiced latte season, why not cozy up to a bowl of sweet, chunky chili? This vegan pumpkin chili is perfect for sharing and is very easy to make. If you can’t find any pureed pumpkin, this recipe works wonders with butternut squash or kabocha too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 c vegetable stock
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp Organic Cumin, Ground
- 1 tbsp Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Organic Chili Seasoning
- Organic Black Pepper Ground
- Olive Oil
- In a heavy bottom pot, saute chopped onions with olive oil until soft and buttery.
- Add tomatoes, beans, and spices. Saute until aromatic.
- Add vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Add pumpkin puree and bring heat down to medium. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, garnish with chopped scallions and vegan/dairy cheese.