This apple butter is a great way to celebrate autumn bounty, and it’s relatively hands-off. To store, make sure to sterilize containers like you would with home canned goods.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- 4 large apples - peeled, cored, quartered
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Organic Ground Allspice
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- a few grinds of Grey Sea Salt
Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottomed pot and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Put apples and liquor in a blender (or use an immersion blender) and puree. Return to pot.
Reduce the puree over low heat until thick and buttery, occasionally stirring to prevent burning.
Serve with toast, oatmeal, peanut butter sandwiches - the sky is your limit.