Pumpkin Scones with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin spiced scones with a delicious maple cream cheese frosting. Perfect for breakfast paired with morning coffee or for a sweet treat after dinner! Very simple and easy to make in the fall season.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (Pumpkin Scones)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp Spicely Organics pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia + 3 tbsp water) *You can also use ground flax instead of chia*
- 2 teaspoons Spicely Organics vanilla extract
Ingredients (Maple Cream Cheese Frosting)
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp powdered sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add cold vegan butter, using a fork to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs or wet sand.
- In a blender combine pumpkin puree, almond milk, chia egg and vanilla. Blend for 15 seconds or until well mixed, then pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Form the dough into a log and begin to cut triangles . Should make 8-9 triangles!
- Place scones onto prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- To make the cream cheese maple frosting, combine vegan cream cheese, maple syrup and powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- When the scones are done, cool for 10 minutes and spoon the glaze on each scone.
- Allow glaze to set before serving.