Roasted Corn Orzo Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is light, flavorful and perfect for a summer bbq. The combination of grilled sweet corn with fresh, raw tomatoes & spinach paired with a tangy lemon tahini dressing makes for a delicious pasta salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 4 ears of corns
- 2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 tbsp bouillon (vegan chicken bouillon was used in this recipe)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of two lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed (ground)
- Begin by making orzo according to directions on package and add 1 tsp of bouillon.
- Take husk off the ears of corn and either grill the corn or simply cook on a pan until sides become golden brown. Turn the ears of corn as you grill/cook. Cut corn off into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Once the orzo is cooked, drain any excess water and place orzo into a large mixing bowl. Add all ingredients into a bowl along with dressing and toss until well combined. Add salt, pepper and extra lemon to taste.
Leave a comment