With unsolicited and unwanted email becoming a larger problem, email services have made their spam filters more stringent. Unfortunately, these tougher guidelines for filtering can cause legitimate emails to be mistaken as spam. To make sure you continue receiving our mailings, we suggest that you follow the instructions below and add us to your whitelist. A whitelist is a list of email addresses that you want to receive email from. Adding an address to your whitelist ensures that email from that address will not be filtered as spam.
Here are whitelisting instructions for some of the major email service providers. The minimum we suggest you do is to add the 'from' email address (username@domain) into your email system's address book.
Please insert the From address you are whitelisting for email@example.com using the instructions below:
To whitelist a contact in AOL:
- click Contacts on the left navigation bar of your inbox screen.
- click the New Contact icon on the top bar and add the new contact information to the required fields.
- Once completed, click the Add Contact button at the bottom.
If the mailing is in your SPAM Folder, you can open the email and click the "This Is Not Spam" button.
Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Open Gmail. In the upper-right corner, select the Settings (gear) icon. From the menu, choose Settings.
- Select Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- Select Create a new filter. If you already have many filters, you'll have to scroll down to find this link.
- A dialog box appears. In the From field, type the email address you want to whitelist. Be sure to type the full email address, like firstname.lastname@example.org. To whitelist every email address from a particular domain, type just that domain name, like @spicely.com.
- At the bottom of the dialog box, select Create filter.
- On the next screen, tell Gmail what to do with the email address or domain you just indicated. To do so, select Never send it to Spam. To finish the process, select Create filter.
Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link.
- Select the “Safe List” link.
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
You should also check that the mailing's email address is not in your Blocked Senders list. You can find your Blocked Senders list by following the directions above and going to "Blocked Senders List" instead of "Safe List". If you see the mailing's from address on this list, select it and click the Remove button.
Add the From address you want to receive mailings from to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
Add an address into your Personal Address Book:
- Click the "Address Book" button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the "New Card" button.
- Under the "Contact" tab, copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email dialog box.
- Click "OK".
- From the main drop down menu, select "Tools -< Junk Mail Controls..."
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the "White Lists" module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail".
- Click "OK".
Set up a filter to redirect the mailing you want to receive into your inbox:
- From the Edit drop down menu, select "Message Filters".
- Click "New", and give the new filter a name (e.g. "Whitelist").
- Change the drop down on the left to "sender" and the one in the middle to "is".
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the box on the right.
- Make the bottom two drop downs "Move to folder" and "Inbox".
- Click "OK".
- Make sure that your new filter is located at the top of the Message Filter list so it is run before any spam filter.
Add the address you want to receive mailings from to your Safe Senders list:
- On the Tools menu, click "Options".
- On the Preferences tab, click "Junk E-mail".
- On the Safe Senders tab, click "Add".
- In the Add address box, copy and paste in firstname.lastname@example.org and click OK.
Add the address to your contacts
Add the email address that is sending you email (eg email@example.com) to your Yahoo! Mail Contacts. Yahoo! will usually deliver email from addresses that are in your Contacts.
Create a filter for the address
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon and select Settings
- Click Filters and then Add
- Enter a Filter Name
- enter the domain of the email you want to whitelist in the Sender field, or
- enter the email address of the online group you want to whitelist in the Recipient field
- Select Inbox as the folder to deliver the email to
- Click Save and then click Save again
The most common way to whitelist an address is to add it to your address book, white list, or safe list. There is no universal way to whitelist an address, so if this is not an option, you will have to consult the help section associated with your email application. They should have instructions on how to whitelist an address there.