Pumpkin Panna Cotta
This simple dessert is a perfect end to a big meal - flavorful yet light, and beautiful on a plate! It’s like pumpkin pie, but without the extra work to make pie crust (so it’s gluten-free!).
If pumpkin is not your thing, the puree can be substituted with pureed sweet potatoes or butternut squash.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 tsp Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice Seasoning
- Garnish: Spiced Syrup, Chopped Nuts, Marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of milk with gelatin, and let bloom.
- Blend the remaining milk, pumpkin, cream, sugar and seasoning.
- Strain into a pot. Turn the heat to low and cook the milk, stirring occasionally, until it starts to steam.
- Pour into the large bowl with the bloomed gelatin and whisk until completely combined.
- Ladle into 6-8 small ramekins.
- Chill the panna cotta until firm (at least 4 hours), and serve with garnish.