PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON OUR OWN BEHALF
What information do we collect? Simply put, Information You Provide to Us by doing the following;
1.1 We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your; name e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
1.4 If you set up an account on our website(s) (e.g. spicely.com) we will ask you to create a username and password to allow you to reuse some information for future orders, make changes to your information, and to access your order history. After setting up an account, you can access, review, correct, and/or delete information you have provided to us by logging into your account. You may also ask us to assist you with correcting or deleting such information by contacting our customer service team at email@example.com or at (510)440-1044.
- Device Information Collected
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
2.1 When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
- "Internet Protocol (IP) addresses" is a number that is assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the website, along with the time of the visit, and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is a standard practice that is done automatically by many websites. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating traffic data, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our website.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site. We may also use third-party analytical tools such Google Analytics, to help us better understand how visitors use our website on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis. The information collected by these analytical tools may provide us with information such as a search engine that referred you to our website, how you navigated around our website, and what you purchased. This information helps us better serve you with more personalized information and product offerings.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
3.1 We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you, respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Store (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Personalize the Store and provide advertisement, content, or features that are targeted toward your Interest;
3.2 We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
3.3 Advertising Campaigns such as but not limited to;
- Cart Abandonment emails, Holiday and Event Promotions, Flash Sales, Questioners and surveys.
4. HOW TO OPT-OUT
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. You can usually find these settings in the ‘option’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1 We do not sell your personally identifiable information. We share your Personal Information with third parties (Our Vendors / Sub-Processors) to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Our Vendors / Sub-Processors; trusted third parties
Netsuite - ERP System (enterprise resource planning)
Shopify – power our online store, spicely.com
Squarespace – host our organicspices.com website
Typeform – user data for survey's and forms are maintained here.
Zapier – integration and communication between different platform (such as Typeform and Gmail).
Wufoo (ADBA SurveyMonkey) – user data for survey’s and forms are maintained here.
Google Analytics- help us understand how our customers use the Sites.
Google: user, employee and applicant data is maintained here through products like Gmail or Drive.
Campaign Monitor- Email marketing platform, store customer information only when in line with the preferences you (the customer) have shared with us.
Shopper Approved- Collect reviews via our online store (spicely.com).
- We may amend our Vendor/Sub-Processors; trusted third parties list during the course of Business
5.3 We may disclose information about you if we are required to do so by law or legal process, to law enforcement or other government officials, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Organic Spices Inc., DBA (Spicely Organics), our customers, or others.
6.SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Store may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Stores with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
- BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, such as if you believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
- DATA RETENTION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information by contacting us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We follow the requirement of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you believe that we may have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
For questions or comments on your account, your order, or our product or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: It Department]
4180 Business Center Dr. Fremont California US 94538
or at 510.440.1044 ext. 1028
Last Updated: May 24, 2018