Spices and herbs have always been use as medicine; to this day Ayurvedic and Chinese apothecaries prescribe them to cure ailments and detoxify the body. Here’s what some spices are purpotrated to do. Before you include them in your diet, make sure to consult your physician to confirm that they won’t interfere with your current medications or conditions!
- Turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
- One study showes that 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon daily reduced cholesterol.
- Ginger is a popular antiemetic for everyone - from dogs to pregnant women!
- Cumin has always been used as an anticarminative.
- Garlic is famous for its antibiotic properties.
- Cayenne can be used for nasal ailments.
Need some ideas on how to start adding spices to your life? Start with this kitchari recipe!