Quatre épices, or French Four Spice, is one of traditional seasoning blends that France has to offer. However, unlike herbes de Provence or fines herbes quatre épices is made of spices and is a headier blend.
Because it is comprised of fall spices like ginger and cloves, recipes using quatre épices tend to be cold weather foods. These foods include sausages (such as boudin blanc), fancy terrines, pain d’épices (gingerbread or spice bread), and roasted root vegetables.
Ready to try our Organic Quatre epices Here’s some recipes that you can try it with!
- our vegan friendly Mushroom Rillettes.
- Feeling ambitious? Try making boudin blanc at home (just sub the spices with our seasoning blend!)
- .or you can buy boudin blanc and make classic pork-and-apples-dish.
- If you feel like eating dessert, there’s always pain d’epices
- Switch it out with cake spice for our Swedish Gingerbread cookies.
Don’t forget to share your creation on our Facebook page!