Ginger Carrot Soup with Red Lentils
The ginger adds a delicious kick to the soup making it a beautifully simple and tasty soup. This soup is hearty and a winter time favorite around the office at Spicely Organics. Feeling like adding some heat? Add 1/2 teaspoon Organic Cayenne Pepper.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 large or two small carrots, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed well
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Organic Ground Ginger
- olive oil
- Yogurt, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Toss the onions, garlic, carrots, salt and ginger in a pot to simmer with olive oil.
- Once the onions begin to turn translucent, add the lentils and chicken stock.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils become soft.
- Add lemon juice and blend with either an immersion blender or food processor.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt and some roughly chopped cilantro.