Midnight Mocha Brownies
Spicely's organic midnight mocha chocolate is a delicious dark chocolate that has hints of coffee. It is Spicely's version of a rich mocha cappuccino in chocolate candy form and it makes a great edition to some fudge-y brownies.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Cook Time: 1 hour
- 55 grams (2 oz) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 170 grams (6 oz) organic midnight mocha dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 sticks (200 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups (400 grams) sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (175 grams) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9x13 inch pan, lay a piece of parchment at the bottom, and butter the top of the parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Add all of the chocolate to the saucepan and turn off the heat. Use a spatula and stir the chocolate and butter mixture until all of the chocolate has melted. If the chocolate does not melt all of the way, turn the heat back on low for 30 seconds while stirring to finish the melting process. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, whisk 5 eggs and sugar together until frothy and thick, about 1 minute on high speed. Pour egg and sugar mixture into a big mixing bowl and slowly add chocolate mixture and fold together until uniform.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the bowl and fold in. Once the mixture is uniform, stop folding and do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into the butter pan and place in the oven to 30-35 minutes. To check for doneness, slide a knife into the center of the cake- it should come out easily but with some crumbs on it.