Lisa Lin, our special guest blogger from Healthy Nibbles & Bits has a delicious Applesauce recipe to share with us. There is no doubt in our minds that it tastes as amazing as it looks in the picture. Don't believe us? Try it yourself, checkout the recipe below and don't forget to visit Lisa's page.
SLOW COOKER APPLESAUCE
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours
Makes around 4 to 5 cups
- 7 large apples (I used 4 golden delicious, 1 mutsu, 1 pippin, and 1 fuji apple)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (Organic Cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (ground nutmeg works also) (Organic Nutmeg)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (Organic Cloves Ground)
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice (Organic Allspice Ground)
- Chop the apples into fairly thin slices. I peeled about 4 of the apples and left the skin on 3 of them.
- Place the apples and spices in a slow cooker, and set it on low for 4 hours.
- When the apples are done, take an immersion blender and blend the apples until it turns into a smooth sauce. You can also blend everything in a blender, but I was too lazy to do that.
- Enjoy it warm or refrigerate it for 2 weeks!
- Adapted from Mel's Kitchen.