Cajun Cauliflower Tacos
Winter Fun in the kitchen...These Tacos are Absolutely Unreal! How many will you have?
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Cook Time: 1.75 hours
Ingredients (Cajun Roasted Cauliflower)
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Spicely Organics cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
Ingredients (Cashew Cream)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
Ingredients (Pickled Onions)
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Spicely organics black peppercorns
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Cilantro, chopped
- For the pickled onions combine all ingredients in a jar and let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour before enjoying. *You can store in the fridge for up to a couple weeks and enjoy on tacos, salads and many more dishes!
- Place raw cashews in a medium-sized bowl, cover with hot water and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut cauliflower into small florets and place in a bowl along with olive oil, cajun seasoning and salt. Toss until each floret is evenly coated. Spread out cauliflower onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once the raw cashews have soaked in the hot water for 20 minutes, discard water and place cashews in a high-speed blender or food processor along with almond milk, nutritional yeast, salt and lemon juice. Blend on high until smooth.
- Once cauliflower is baked and out of the oven heat tortillas and assemble tacos by adding a generous handful of baked cauliflower, a spoonful of cashew cream, pickled onions, squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.