Spicy Roasted Corn Guacamole Sweet Potato Toasts
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Cook Time: 2 hours
Ingredients (Sweet Potatoes)
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or oil of choice)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients (Roasted Corn Guac)
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp Spicely Organics chilli pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Spicely Organics pepper
- 1/2 tsp Spicely Organics garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Spicely Organics onion powder
Ingredients (Pickled Onions)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp pepper corns
Ingredients (Cajun Roasted Chickpeas)
- 1 can garbanzo beans or chickpeas
- 1 tbsp Spicely organic Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Cut sweet potatoes into disks, brush with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake at 400 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- In a medium sized pan, sauté corn until it begins to char. In a medium sized bowl mash avocados then add the remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- For the pickled onions combine all ingredients in a jar and let sit for 1 hour before enjoying. *You can store in fridge for up to a couple weeks and enjoy on tacos, salads and many more dishes!
- For the roasted cajun chickpeas combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and toss. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Take out of oven and let sit for 10 minutes to cool... they will be crunchier as they cool.
- Assemble all together by spooning guac on each sweet potato followed by chickpeas, pickled onions, an optional sprinkle of extra chili pepper flakes, and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.