Chervil, or French Parsley, is what makes restaurant food so snazzy - this fine little leaf adds just enough herbaceousness to mild dishes like poultry, fish, and soups. Chervil has a very delicate flavor profile, and should only be added right before the finish. And how does it taste? It tastes like a dainty parsley with a little hint of anise!
So how would we go about using our Organic Chervil? Here’s some ideas for starters:
- sprinkle it on top of velvety soups like Cream of Mushroom, Carrot Ginger, or Vichyssoise.
- toss some popcorn with sea salt, melted butter, and chives for a fancy treat.
- add some to your favorite potato salad or egg salad recipe for some herby oomph.
- brush some pita with olive oil, sprinkle with chervil and sea salt, and toast. Pita chips!
- make herb butter to go with it
Do you have a favorite recipe that uses chervil? Share it on our Facebook page!