Chicken Kabobs & Baghali Polo
Baghali Polo is a classic Persian dish. Although its ingredients are minimal, the organic dill weed adds zest and aroma, and the tender beans tie it all together. Serve with sizzling chicken kebabs for a filling, tangy meal.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (Baghali Polo)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 compact Organic Dill Weed
- 1 tsp Organic Garlic Granulates
- 8 oz fava beans or lima beans (cooked and peeled)
Directions (Baghali Polo)
- Combine the rice, salt, olive oil and 3 cups water in a medium pot with a lid over high heat. Bring the water to a boil, and let it bubble, uncovered, until the water evaporates. (When the water is all gone, the rice should be about half-cooked.) Turn the heat to low.
- Add the dill weed and garlic granulates, and stir with a fork. Spread the beans out over the top of the rice, cover the pot and cook until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Fluff with a fork. Taste and adjust the seasoning, and serve.
Ingredients (Chicken Kebabs)
- 1 lb chicken breast and thigh, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5~2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Organic Chicken Kabob Seasoning
- 12-16 bamboo skewers
- (optional) Organic Sumac
Directions (Chicken Kebabs)
- Soak bamboo skewers in water, fully submerged. This will prevent charring.
- Combine chicken pieces, oil, seasoning, and salt in a bowl. Mix and massage the flavors in, and let sit marinate for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the chicken pieces and grill until done. Garnish with parsley flakes and sumac.
- Serve with yogurt sauce, if preferred.