Baghali Polo is a classic Persian dish. Although its ingredients are minimal, the organic dill weed adds zest and aroma, and the tender beans tie it all together. Serve with sizzling chicken kebabs for a filling, tangy meal.
2 cups basmati rice
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 compact Organic Dill Weed
8 oz fava beans or lima beans (cooked and peeled)
1. Combine the rice, salt, olive oil and 3 cups water in a medium pot with a lid over high heat. Bring the water to a boil, and let it bubble, uncovered, until the water evaporates. (When the water is all gone, the rice should be about half-cooked.) Turn the heat to low.
2. Add the dill weed and garlic granulates, and stir with a fork. Spread the beans out over the top of the rice, cover the pot and cook until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat. Fluff with a fork. Taste and adjust the seasoning, and serve.
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water, fully submerged. This will prevent charring.
2. Combine chicken pieces, oil, seasoning, and salt in a bowl. Mix and massage the flavors in, and let sit marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Skewer the chicken pieces and grill until done. Garnish with parsley flakes and sumac.
Serve with yogurt sauce, if preferred.