Grilled Shrimp Tostadas
Light, flavorful and simple to make, this Southwestern-inspired recipe makes an ideal weeknight dinner. The shrimp get a nice kick from Spicely Organics' Shrimps Crab Grill and Broil Seasoning, and the crisp romaine balances the meal out nicely. Add avocado, sour cream and/or pico de gallo to take your meal to the next level.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus additional for frying
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 tbsp Organic Shrimp Crab Grill and Broil Seasoning
- 4 cups shredded romaine
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeño
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a medium skillet, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil until hot. Fry one tortilla at a time over medium-high heat until lightly golden on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon of oil and Organic Shrimp Crab Grill and Broil. Add to a preheated pan and grill over medium high heat until cooked through (about 4 minutes), turning once.
- In a medium bowl, toss the romaine, jalapeño and lime juice.
- Set the tortillas on plates and top with romaine mixture and grilled shrimp.
- Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.