Achiote Grilled Fish Tacos
Our achiote marinade gives these tasty grilled fish tacos a warm, earthy flavor. Dressed in our creamy chipotle dressing, they're unequaled. Serve these at your summer BBQ along with jicama sticks and our Spiced Guacamole.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Organic Achiote Seasoning
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, achiote seasoning, lime juice and salt.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag, add tilapia and marinate for one hour.
- 1 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 tsp Organic Cumin, Ground
- 1/4 tsp Organic Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Organic Paprika, Smoked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the dressing, combine sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and adobo sauce.
- Stir in lime juice and zest, cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Ingredients (Fish Tacos)
- 1 1/2 lbs tilapia
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- tomato, diced
- shredded lettuce
- limes, cut into wedges
Directions (Fish Tacos)
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook tilapia about 4-6 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Let cool slightly, then slice into thin strips.
- Warm the tortillas on a pan over medium heat.
- Divide fish among the tortillas, top with shredded cabbage, dressing, cilantro, tomato and lettuce.
- Serve with lime wedges.