Grilled Bell Peppers Stuffed w/ Vegetables
These grilled bell peppers stuffed with zucchini, corn, tomatoes, quinoa and Italian herbs, make an excellent vegetarian and gluten-free addition to your summer barbecue. Light, healthy and vibrant in color, they can be enjoyed as a side dish or as a great alternative to traditional barbecued meat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Cook Time: 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 medium mixed bell peppers (orange, yellow, green, red)
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Organic Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Organic Parsley
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- grated parmesan cheese
- Seed, core and cut one of the bell peppers into 1/4-inch dice.
- Cut the remaining 3 bell peppers in half lengthwise, directly through the stem, leaving a bit of stem attached to each half. Remove the core, seeds and ribs from the inside of each bell pepper, leaving the stem intact. Sprinkle the inside of each pepper with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground pepper.
- Melt oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until nearly tender. Add the minced garlic, chopped bell pepper and zucchini. Saute the vegetables until crisp, then stir in the corn kernels and tomato.
- Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, Parsley, quinoa and the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Remove from heat and spoon the filling into the empty bell peppers.
- Heat the grill over medium heat and brush the grate with oil. Put the stuffed peppers over the unheated part of the grill, cover, and cook until tender (about 20-30 minutes).
- Remove bell peppers, sprinkle with cheese and enjoy.