Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers
The perfect vegetarian option for your upcoming summer barbeque, these juicy, full-flavored portobello mushroom burgers will satisfy even the most insistent carnivore. We recommend using the mushroom caps as buns for a gluten-free option, but feel free to sub one cap for a burger patty and use traditional hamburger buns as an alternative.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Organic Beef And Burger Seasoning
- 1 red onion, cut into thick slices
- 4 oz swiss cheese
- 1 tomato, cut into thick slices
- romaine lettuce
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and Beef And Burger Seasoning. Place the mushrooms in the bowl and toss with sauce. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Heat the grill over medium heat and brush the grate with oil. Place the mushrooms on the grill, reserving the marinade for basting. Grill 5 minutes on each side, or until tender, brushing with marinade as each mushroom cooks.
- Use mushrooms in lieu of buns and dress with onion, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese in between.