Pesto Zucchini Pasta w/ Asparagus & Chicken
On a gluten-free diet but yearning for a heaping bowl of pasta? Zucchini noodles allow you to enjoy a low-carb, naturally gluten-free, Italian-inspired dinner. This recipe is a great way to get kids (and adults) to eat more veggies and is simple to put together for a weeknight meal.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Organic Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium zucchinis, sliced into noodle-thin strips using a mandoline, julienne peeler or vegetable spiralizer
- 8 asparagus spears, chopped into 1.5 inch pieces
- black pepper and salt, to taste
- additional grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp Organic Italian Seasoning in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag, add marinade and coat well. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine basil and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped, then slowly drizzle in 1/3 cup olive oil, keeping food processor on.
- Stop the machine, add lemon juice and Parmesan cheese and pulse once more until blended.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Heat stovetop grill to medium heat and cook chicken for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- While chicken cooks and sits, heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add asparagus. Cook for about 5 minutes, until spears are just slightly tender.
- Toss in zucchini noodles and continue to cook about 5 more minutes, until asparagus stalks and zucchini noodles are both fully tender.
- Combine zucchini/asparagus mixture with pesto and grilled chicken.
- Serve into individual bowls and top with additional Parmesan cheese.
This sounds amazing! Pinned :)
Leave a comment