Adding cardamom to your coffee transforms an average cup of joe into a sumptuous morning delight. A symbol of hospitality in some cultures, this yummy, fragrant drink goes hand in hand with a leisurely morning spent curled up with good company or a good book.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 3-4 tbsp coarsely ground mild roast coffee beans
- 3-4 Organic Green Cardamom Pods, lightly crushed
- dash of Organic True Cinnamon, Ground
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of coffee to the French press pot, depending on preferred brew strength. Add crushed cardamom pods and ground cinnamon.
- Bring the water to a near boil and slowly pour into the French press, over the coffee and spices. Place the plunger-filter/lid on top, but don’t press down just yet. Let steep for around 4 minutes, depending on how strong you prefer your coffee.
- Slowly press down the plunger, pushing the coffee grounds and spices towards the bottom of the press pot. Serve into coffee cups and enjoy either black, or with milk and sugar.