September welcomes the long and bountiful apple season. Try this warm, homely dessert with crisp apples! For an extra special treat, serve with a glass of chilled riesling.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Cook Time: 1.25 hours
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Organic Apple Pie Spice
- 1⁄4 tsp Grey Sea Salt
- 6 firm, stemmed and cored (something firm like Fujis or Granny Smiths)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine butter, maple syrup, sugar, spices in a bowl.
- Slice the bottoms off the apples so that they sit evenly. Place on a baking pan and fill the core holes with the butter mixture. Cover with foil and bake until soft; about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm, with a sprinkle of sea salt over the apples. Add vanilla ice cream if desired.