Fall Coconut Curry
A warm comforting bowl of coconut curry packed with flavor and so delicious. This Curry is very versatile and any veggies could be added! Serve as is or with rice noodles to elevate the dish that much more.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tsp Spicely Organics curry powder
- 1 tsp Spicely Organics turmeric
- 1 tsp Spicely Organics ground ginger
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 cups chopped kabocha squash or pumpkin
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans light coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- optional: rice noodles or ramen noodles, this is also amazing served with rice.
- Chop all your veggies into small bite sized pieces. In a large pot sauté onions and garlic for 2 minutes then add 1/2 cup of coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric powder, and ground ginger. Stir and let simmer on low for 3 minutes. Then add the remaining coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Stir then add the chopped kabocha squash. Cook for 6-8 minutes on medium to high heat. Press a fork into the kabocha squash and once it is soft, carefully spoon half the kabocha squash and liquid into a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute then pour back into the pot.
- Add the remaining vegetables and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until all vegetables are soft and cooked. Serve with rice or add ramen or rice noodles! Top with sesame seeds, cilantro and chili pepper flakes.