Both gorgeous and brimming with flavor, this hot smoked salmon makes an excellent dish for entertaining. Smoking it creates a flaky, yet juicy, filet, and seasoning it with Spicely's Organic Fish Grill & Broil spice blend offers a non-overwhelming kick.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Cook Time: 3-6 hours
- 2 large salmon filets (or barbecue cuts), skin intact and pin bones removed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Organic Fish Grill & Broil Seasoning
- Sprinkle salt and seasoning on fish. Cover and let cure for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Brush the skin with a light coat of oil, and place skin-down in smoker.
- Smoke over wood chips or charcoal, keeping the temperature inside the smoker between 150-160°F until the thickest part of the fish reads 150°.
- Serve immediately or cool to room temperature, wrap tightly and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Spiced Red Lentils
- serves 2
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup broth (preferably vegetable or chicken)
- 1 tsp Organic Chicken Kebab Seasoning
- 1 clove minced fresh garlic
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Sautee fresh minced garlic with olive oil. Add lentils and cook for a minute.
- Deglaze with white wine and let reduce until almost gone.
- Add broth and seasoning. Bring to a boil, place lid, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until most of the liquid is gone, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle in a good 3-finger pinch salt, mix with a fork, and serve. Add additional salt to taste.