This is a perfect, fast and delicious weeknight dinner recipe! A creamy cashew pasta sauce with a rich flavor from the herbes de Provence!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb pasta (Brown rice spaghetti noodles were used in this recipe)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, divided
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 2 cups unsweetened plain cashew milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (more to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside and toss with a little melted vegan butter, coconut oil or EVO to prevent pasta from sticking together.
- In a large pan, melt 1 tbsp of vegan butter over medium high heat. Add once clove of crushed garlic and sauce for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and softened. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of vegan butter to the pan and melt again over medium high heat. Add the remaining crushed carlin cloves and cook for 1 minute or just until fragrant. Add the herbes de provence, cashew milk and nutritional yeast whisking to incorporate. Let the mixture simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the sauce, pasta and mushrooms together. Add more cashew milk, as needed… to prevent the sauce from getting too thick. Stir in parsley just before serving.